Wednesday, January 27, 2010

One year ago today....

We were at the beginning of our Ice Storm which has now gone down in history! It's one of those things that the kids will tell their kids. Even though the ice last year caused lots and lots of destruction, it was also quite beautiful. Ironic I know. I listed last year all the things we had learned, but I think we also learned to be thankful. How many times do we forget to be thankful for what we have and what we enjoy each and every day. Sometimes its not until its taken away do we realize those things, so I am going to try and be more thankful for every day.

Had a good week, this past week. Baked Snickerdoodles! Lots of them! If you have a "Family Cookbook" it will be listed under "kid favorites" under Jordan's name, its one of his favorites.

Got to scrapbook with my best friend one day! Its been a while since we have both had a chance to do that. Its kinda got me fired up to finish some of the albums I have started. I pray I can get some of that done this year.

We are awaiting a big snow this week! It's just 3-5 inches, but when you live in KY thats a BIG snow! And we bring out the sleds for that! Its kinda nice to see it breaks up the gloomy January days with something falling from the sky :)

Until next time!
Blessings

"He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love."
Psalm 33: 5

No comments: